You can trust the Man who died for you.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Choosing Life Over Death

When the bisquits burn, the beans are scorched, and I forget to turn the potatoes on yet,
To choose life, I must thank the Lord that I have food to burn, scorch, and forget.

When the piles of laundry seem to never end, and the furniture is dusty again,
To choose life, I must be thankful for the clothes to wear and the furniture to share.

When the people in my life demand more and more love and support,
To choose life, I must thank God for the time we have together on earth is so short.

When the baby is crying and the toddler is whining wanting to be held,
To choose life, I must thank God for one day I will long for the days when my children wanted to be held.

When temptations in life come in like a swelling tide,
To choose life, I must resist the path that would only lead to my demise.

When I'm lonely for friendship, and the fellowship of those I see no more.
To choose life, I must seek out the friendless and knock another's door.

When the newness in life scares me and makes me want to retreat in a shell.
To choose life, I must pray for courage and take a step from my shell.

When the circumstances in life are not going my way,
To choose life, I must pray for grace and strength to make it through the day

When God seems so far away, and life looks so bleak,
To choose life, I must seek God and His life giving peace.

When bitterness seems a most safe retreat,
To choose life, I must let God make me better, than bitterness will not have me beat.

When someone has wounded me and made me a public disgrace,
To choose life, I must forgive and offer love and grace.

When I wish that the Bible was easier to obey, that I could change the words to make it my way.
To choose life, I must willingly submit to God's word and trust that I will be blessed by doing so some day.

When sickness racks my body and I am tired and old,
To choose life, I must be thankful for the life God has given me, more precious than gold.

When I come to the end of my years here on earth ready to say good-bye to it's pain,
To choose life, I must reach for my loving Saviour's hand to go to the life that I have chosen once again.

It was He that chose life first of all you see,

Not for Himself of course, but for you and me,

The choices He made in His life and His death,

Paved the way for His children to choose life over death.

(Just a little something I've been thinking about a lot lately, my choices, life is full of choices and even though I have not had to make all of these choices yet and there are many more to make, I do want to commit in my life to choose life over death)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
/body>