You can trust the Man who died for you.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Joining Elmo in Grouchland


Currently ReadingThe Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland Movie Storybook (Elmo in Grouchland)By James Bridgessee related


Well, I guess it's time to let you all know a little of what's going on in my life. First of all a praise report, Praise the Lord Dad Nice doesn't have to do any more Chemo treatments before the wedding. For those of you that don't know we were hoping and praying towards that end, but you never know. Tonight we are going to go over to mom and dad Nice's to celebrate! That should be fun!

This weekend was a tough one for me. I was really sad that I had to miss Kendra and Chad's wedding for one and Sunday was father's day. Actually, I had a really bad attitude on Saturday thus the title of this weblog. Justin and I had to get some mowing done we started at the church and my dear mother in law despite the fact that she had many things to do that day was finishing up at the church when we got there. From there we headed over to the school. I did the push mowing(it's safer) while Justin and mom Nice finished up the riding together. After that we headed over to the cemetary and that's where my attitude started, or at least that's where I noticed it...

I told my husband to go ahead and start mowing while I clean up the flowers on the graves(from Memorial day) because I really couldn't push mow anyway before those were cleaned up. Now you must know it was a beautiful day the sun was shining and I saw two butterflies, but I hardly even noticed them...

I obviously had no idea what kind of job I was getting in by cleaning those flowers
The flowers were dead, but they were in water. If any of you have ever thrown out dead stinking flowers you can relate, a little. They smell bad when they have been rotting in water for a while.We only had like four big trash bags, so I had to go around and gather all the dead stinking, bug infested, worm crawling flowers, put them in a garbage bag and throw them over the fence. I filled about three bags worth of flowers, then I had to go around and dump all the stinky, bug and worm infested water of the pots out onto the ground and throw them in the four garbage bags we had. Regretfully, I was grumbling the whole time...

"Ewwww, this is sooo gross..., I can't believe all these stupid flowers,... What's with people that they have to put flowers on graves anyway the deceased won't enjoy them anyway...They have a lot more beautiful flowers in Heaven...wish I could be there...just think if I were home right now I would be sitting in a beautiful reception dressed up and smelling good, not pickin' up stinky, bug and worm infested flowers..."At one point I stumped one of those permanent vases back into it's hole, a huge splash of stinky, buggy, water soaked my shoe and the bottom of my dress...(I won't bother you with the thoughts that came into my mind at that point)
Yeah I had me an attitude, it was terrible by the time I was mowing I was crying and just having a real good old fashioned pity party. At the same time I felt selfish and I was like my mother in law bless her heart does this all the time--with a cheerful attitude. That really didn't improve my attitude though, just made me feel like a real jerk...and you know people that feel like jerks act like ...yeah that...

The worse part of this whole story is that I ruined that entire evening as well with my hubby, we went to see a parade and I hardly talked at all...I should have been having a blast...we met some friends in town(it was Sheridan days), but all I could do was pout about what a miserable life I led....

Sunday we talked in Sunday school about our good works sometimes being like hay, wood, and stubble, and some of the good works we do here on earth will burn before our eyes,...someone suggested that if we did those works with a bad attitude they might you know, be the ones that burn Yeah, I was probably blushing pretty bad at that point. I could envision Saturday burnin' up before my eyes, dead flowers probably burned up even faster then most things and all that dead grass, would go up in flames in no time.... I did apologize to my hubby and God for my raunchy attitude...but that didn't fix the day that I had messed up...a day full of wood, hay, and stubble...Sometimes I am astounded at how very selfish of a person I am...and yet God still loves me, He loves me enough to give me a gentle loving little reminder of the opportunity He had given me to serve, and how much greater my day will be if I choose praise over pouting...

1 Comments:

  • Thanks for keeping us posted on your happenings. Sharing your "not so good" days is still appreciated. Your honesty is another one of your good traits!

    By Blogger Rob, at 8:41 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
/body>